The Youthlaw ’ What Do I Do When? booklet available here for free download online provides easy to read information about the law to assist workers to feel more comfortable in their interactions with the law and the legal system. It also covers common legal questions that young people present with.
The online booklet ( 2012 edition) was updated as of February 2017. We no longer have a hard edition available.
The major changes available in the 2017 update include:
- Chapter 2 – Confidentiality and Privacy
Now include the new privacy laws: The Victorian Privacy and Data Protection Act 2014 and the Australian Privacy Principles;
- Chapter 3 – Reporting Abuse
Now includes changes to the law about your obligations for mandatory reporting of sexual offences, including new failure to disclose and failure to protect offences.
- Chapter 7 – Professional Boundaries
Now includes references to the new sexting laws from 2014
- Chapter 9 – Employment checks
Now includes new information about Working with Children’s Checks.
- Chapter 13 – Young people and sex
Now includes information about the Children’s E-Safety Commissioner.
- Updates to all resources and references, including the addition of the Independent Broad-Based Anti Corruption Commission (IBAC).