This page contains useful links to information about going to court for a criminal or traffic charge.

On this page

Do you have to go to court for a criminal or a traffic offence?

If you don’t go to court, a warrant may be issued for your arrest. This means police can then take you into custody.

If you are on bail and you miss your court date, you may be taken into custody and charged with a further offence.

You should contact Youthlaw before your court date if you are under 25.

There is a free duty lawyer service at court you may be able to get assistance from if you can’t reach Youthlaw before your court date.

Head to the Victoria Legal Aid website for information on:

This page was last updated 17/01/2018