Not sure if you’ve got a criminal record or how it might affect your future?

On this page

Disclaimer: The material in this fact sheet is intended as a general guide only. You should not act of the basis of this information in this fact sheet without first getting legal advice about your own particular situation. 

For more information about criminal records in Victoria, check out the following publication from the North Melbourne Legal Service:

To find out more about the information Victoria Police release on a National Police Certificate, head to:

To apply for a National Police Certificate check in Victoria, go to:

If you are under 25 and you have been treated unfairly because of your criminal record or you think your record might be wrong, you should contact Youthlaw for more information and advice.