Thank you for your interest in volunteering with Youthlaw!
We have an annual intake for our volunteer program.
Applications for the 2019 volunteer intake have now closed. We encourage interested students to make an application in the 2020 intake or to consider applying at another CLC.
Volunteer program eligibility criteria:
- Currently enrolled in or have completed a tertiary degree or post grad course (law degree not essential) ;
- In 2nd year or above (ie. have completed the first year of your degree or LLB/JD); and
- Available to volunteer on a weekly basis (either half day or full day) for a minimum of 12 months.
No longer a student?
We invite those who have finished their degrees and are no longer a student to apply, however we require a minimum 12 month commitment.
Volunteer program selection criteria
- Strong verbal and written communication skills;
- Ability to take direction, follow instructions and use initiative where appropriate;
- Commitment to regular attendance and overall reliability; and
- Sensitivity to working with young people experiencing disadvantage and marginalisation.
Secondary students and Tertiary placement students
Unfortunately we just don’t have capacity to supervise Secondary students and Tertiary placement students. Have a look at the Federation of Community Legal Centres website for details on legal centres that do.