POSITION DESCRIPTION & HOW TO APPLY
|Position Title||Project officer|
|award||Conditions of employment comply with the Community Legal Centres Multi-Business Agreement (MBA) Certified Agreement 206-2009 and pay rates in the Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Industry Award 2010 (SCHCADS).|
|Full-Time/Part-Time||PART-TIME , 0.6FTE ( 3 days / 22.8 hours per week) 3 year contract subject to probation ( 6 months)|
|classification||SCHCADS Award Level 5.2 ( Full-time base salary for Level 5.2 in 2022 is $82,849 )|
|remuneration||In addition: 10% superannuation Additional paid leave between Xmas and New Year’s Day. Benefits of tax-free salary packaging|
|Reports To||Deputy CEO , Youthlaw|
|Contact to discuss position||Deputy CEO Joanne Ellis|
The position is an exciting opportunity to be part of an innovative community project in Ballarat, to make a difference to the lives of young people in Child Protection residential care.
The project will be managed by Youthlaw, a state-wide legal service for young people and Ballarat Community Health . It is funded by Equity Trustees, the Gandel Foundation, the Barr Family Foundation, Sidney Myer Fund and the Jack Brockhoff Foundation. The funding is for 3 years, commencing June 2022.
The project will test an innovative approach to build the capacity of young people in residential care to assert and protect themselves & make informed decisions.
The project will intensively assist young people in 15 homes, over a 3-year period.
The project will :
- Provide accessible and time sensitive legal information, build knowledge & participation in decision-making and resolve legal issues internally & externally.
- Support participants to stay safe & make informed decisions in their relationships and in their various environments.
- In collaboration with Child Protection, Providers and other stakeholders address systemic issues.
The project team will comprise a community lawyer (0.8FTE) and a Project Officer (0.6FTE). They will both be located at Ballarat Community Health at their Lucas site, together with another Youthlaw legal service.
Key Responsibilities of this position:
- Overall project co-ordination, ensuring we are on track and problem solving any difficulties that arise.
- To work as a team with the lawyer assisting with client intake and contacting /co-ordinating clients and other activities and assist referral of clients to external service systems (legal & non-legal)
- Assist with the development of strong referral pathways (e.g. VLA & services in the area) and relationships with key stakeholders (e.g. the providers and Child Protection).
- Ensuring data for the evaluation is being collected & entered
- Assist the project to develop resources, tools and communications to build client engagement with the service.
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
- Excellent communication and written skills
- Excellent organisational, co-ordination and time management skills.
- Interpersonal skills including ability to work as a small team, independently and collaboratively.
- Ability to assist and communicate with young people in residential care
- Ability to build referral pathways and communicate effectively with a range of stakeholders
- Lived experience of out of home care.
- An understanding of the out of home care service system
- Experience in client casework
- Experience and /or skills to develop communication content
- A relevant qualification such as a degree in social work or youth work or law.
- Eligible to obtain or have a current Working with Children Check
LOCATION, TRAVEL AND WORK OUTSIDE OFFICE HOURS
The position will be based at Ballarat Community Health at their Lucas site.
The position will involve some travel but almost all in Ballarat, and occasional work outside normal office hours.
There is some flexibility to work from home however, it is expected that much of the work will be conducted at the office in order to build the staff team and relationships with all involved in the project.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR APPLICANTS
Closing date for application – Sunday 22 May, 5pm.
Please provide ONE letter that is both a cover letter & addresses the key selection criteria (no more than 2 pages).
In addition, provide your CV and two professional referees. We will only contact your referees with your permission.
Please send to the Deputy CEO, Joanne Ellis at firstname.lastname@example.org
Do you want more information?
If you have a question, please email email@example.com and she will either reply by email or call you.
We will shortlist applicants and will interview as early as the week of 23rd May 2022, in Ballarat or by zoom.
If you are not shortlisted, we will be in touch as soon as possible after the interview week.
Unfortunately, we do not have the capacity to provide feedback to all applicants. Those who are shortlisted will receive feedback where appropriate and otherwise on request.